Blog

'Tis the Season to Give Back

December 5, 2012 by PHX Architecture
Like 0
'Tis the Season to Give Back

99% of PHX Architecture’s time is dedicated to designing the dreams of their clients. The remaining 1% is
dedicated to “The 1% Program”- a program that connects non-profits with
architecture and design firms willing to give 1% of their billable time to
pro-bono services

Currently, PHX Architecture is working with the Phoenix Cystic Fibrosis Foundation designing a donor wall in the main lobby to showcase the patients and the wonderful men and women who donate their time and money in the effort to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis.

“We are honored to be helping the foundation, and to be doing our part to help the community” said Nikal Conti, Principal at PHX Architecture

PHX Architecture has been working for months, along with local companies to design an Interactive Audio/Visual Wall featuring donated iPads, Computers, and Sound equipment that bring a synergy of emotions to the viewers as they hear the touching stories of patients living with Cystic Fibrosis.

Cystic Fibrosis patients live a very difficult life, often confined to their own homes due to hazardous materials in society that can worsen their condition.

“This interactive wall revolves around the notion of hearing, seeing and feeling the storyteller.” said Ivonek Badilla, AIT AIA Asc. at PHX Architecture. “ I wanted to find a way to bring them together and create this special connection between the patient and the listener”

This will be the first Donor Wall in any of the Nation’s Foundation Offices.

If you would like more information on Cystic Fibrosis, or to find out how you can help, visit http://www.cff.org/Chapters/arizona/

Did you know?

-If every architecture professional in the U.S committed 1% of their time to pro-bono services, it would add up to 5,000,000 hours annually. The equivalent of a 2,500 person firm, working full time, for the public good.

-1,000 architecture and design firms across the U.S have already pledged their time through the “1% Program”, delivering an estimated $38 million in pro bono services yearly.

To find out more about this program- visit www.theonepercent.org

CF2-editAVW4

 

Related posts

Under Construction: True Spec New York Under Construction: True Spec New York
April 30, 2018 by PHX Architecture
Like 0

We’re excited to be breaking ground on a new True Spec Golf location in New York City. The space will convert an old Emigrant Bank and incorporate the existing marble. True Spec is the top provider of custom club fittings. The new location follows the opening of True Spec Scottsdale. True

Read More
And The Winner Is: Luxe RED Awards And The Winner Is: Luxe RED Awards
April 30, 2018 by PHX Architecture
Like 0

PHX’s Erik Peterson and Tom Bell traveled to New York City to attend the first ever Luxe Magazine RED Awards honoring excellence in design. The event was held at the Neuehouse in Madison Square. PHX was honored to receive the award for Classic Architecture in the Arizona region. The amazing project

Read More